project, you write a strategic plan using the following outline. You may choose a health care organization on which you would like to focus or develop a new health care business. Choose something you are passionate about and may implement in the future. It is recommended that if you choose to work with an existing organization, you add a new program or project to your plan. Suggestions for appropriate new projects include a new program or service for an existing organization, a new product line for an existing business, a new joint venture or acquisition, a new health care payer model for a state, or a new health care business.
Read the entire document. This is a multi week assignment that has five components:
• The organizational structure
• Environmental analysis and setting strategic goals
• The financial plan
• Evaluation and control
Select a health care organization on which you would like to focus.
Research your chosen organization’s governing structure.
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word report on your findings in which you answer the following questions:
• What are the organization’s mission and vision? What are the organization’s key values?
• What strategic planning model does your chosen organization currently use?
• Which theoretical framework, such as systems theory or change theory, does your chosen organization currently use?
• What is the role of your organization’s mission, vision, and values in relationship to its strategic plan?
• What is the organizational structure of your chosen organization?
• Who are the current key leaders in your chosen organization?
• What change management model does your chosen organization use?
• How much involvement does the governing board have in implementing strategic goals?
• What are the organization’s major service delivery and support activities in its value chain? At a minimum, include the following:
• Target market
• Programs and services
• Clinical operations
• Organizational culture
• Organizational structure
• Strategic resources
• How may the organization use its value chain to help implement its strategic plan?