What is the size of the market for this general product, e.g. how many of these are sold or the total sales of these per year at the retail level?
What is the brand of the product and the company you are focusing on and what is its market share for this product? What are the locations of the company in the US?
- Then research the competition for this product:
Identify 3 – 5 competitors of this company and their market share for their brands?
- Now research the supply chain:
Upstream Supply Chain. What are the key supplies and materials needed to produce this product? Include not only the materials that go into the product, but also any packaging that is needed. Identify as many of the actual supplier companies as you can and where they are located in the U.S.
Downstream Supply Chain. What are the customers of this company/industry? Do they sell to distributors, wholesalers, retailers? Identify as many customers as you can and where they are located in the U.S.
Generate a diagram of this Supply Chain including the specific company/industry and showing the suppliers and customers.
Session Long Project
Choose a product from the list and find a company that produces this product in the USA. Research this company and this product.
SLP Assignment Expectations
The paper should include major locations of the company. Identify the size of the market, identifying key competitors in the industry,. Identify key components, materials, and packaging needed to produce this product. Identify key upstream and downstream aspects of the supply chain and locations of suppliers and customers. Discuss this supply chain. Generate a diagram of the SC.
- Background: Review and discuss the product, company, and industry
- Diagram: Include a diagram of the Supply Chain
- Industry Competitors: Identify the company’s competitors; identify competitors’ brands.
- Supply Chain Discussion: Discuss key upstream (supplies/suppliers) and downstream (customers) aspects of the SC and locations of each.
- Clarity and Organization: The paper should be well organized and clearly discuss the various topics and issues with appropriate depth and breadth.
- Use of references and citations: At least four (4) proper references should be used in the paper, cited in the text, and listed in the references. APA is required.
- Length: The paper should be three to four pages – the body of the paper excluding title p