- Choose one process group – Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring/Controlling, or Closing – to develop a discussion response!
- Describe one activity you feel is important and must be implemented/initiated in order for the informational website project to be a success. If you get stuck on what to write – Think about “why” you feel it is important or “why” the activity is a good idea, or give some background “why” the activity fits in a particular process group, etc.
- For example: you may decide that as part of the Planning Processes Group your team will need to do a survey to find out what the greatest informational need is for some group. You should “Reply” stating the Planning Processes group in your response and describe this activity in enough detail so others can respond to your post with further thoughts and questions.)
FIVE PROCESS GROUPS:
- Initiating: What activities would be important to define and authorize the project or phase during this quarter’s project?
- Planning: What activities would be key for planning out the scheme for handling the scope, schedule, costs, or resource usage?
- Executing: What activities would be needed to coordinate the people and other resources and to provide the quality assurance to produce the results of the project and its phases?
- Monitoring/Controlling: What communication, change management, and quality control activities would be valuable to make sure the project objectives are met?
- Closing: What important elements should be considered at the closing/ending for a project?