Describe and conduct research on yourself (Sachteleben, n.d.). Reflect on the following questions and explain your answers to these attributes and questions in paragraph form.
- Describe your personality (choose 3 power words)
- Explain your primary ethical perspectives.
- What are the ways that you try to live an ethically good life and why do you think that these ways are the best ways?
- Feel free to include ethical theory and analysis that you have learned about in your study of the text and articles.
- What are your primary values?
- What specific activities reflect your primary values? (e.g., “saving money to help the needy” or “protecting the environment”)
- What are your primary beliefs about life and the way that you interact in your place of business or work?
- What causes do you participate or hope to participate in?
- What are your pet peeves?
- What are your goals, dreams, or plans for the future both professionally as well as personally?
- Have you ever had any unusual experiences? (e.g., “Worked in the peace corps in the Sudan,” “Went to school in Germany,” “Survived a severe storm,” “Met a famous person,” “Home-schooled my kids.”)
- Do you belong to any groups or have any affiliations that help to orient your life?
Sachteleben, M. (n.d.). How to write a profile: Online or off, write about your personal goals and skills. Retrieved from http://www.howtodothings.com/computers/how-to-write-a-personal-profile
Reflection Prompt for Personal Profile Activity
Once you have completed your personal analysis, please reflect on the following and provide your thoughts in paragraph form.
- If you were running a business, what are the three ethical virtues or principles that you would use to create the optimally ethical environment for your company?
- Please explain why you chose each virtue or principle and how it would foster good business. Feel free to be creative here and to not abide by common standards of morality if you do not think that it is important to abide by certain standards in business. For example, you might claim that honesty is the best policy. However, someone might claim that it would actually be best to foster deception in order to maximize profits. Either way, explain why you chose the various principles.