How certain interpretations of the concept of evolution influenced the instrumentation and measurement of “Intelligence” in the “Nature vs. Nurture” debate at the end of the XIX century and the beginning of the XX century.
2. The problems and limitations regarding how “Intelligence” has been measured, defined and applied.
3. How recent theories, specially Robert Sternberg’s and Howard Gardner’s theories, have tried to solve some of these problems and limitations.
It is advisable that you take into account the following “guidelines” when elaborating your discussion:
1. Take into consideration the historical overview regarding the theory of evolution and individual differences as discussed in class and on Hergenhahn and Hanley’s (2014) text. It also advisable to look at Sternberg’s (2003) historical revision of some of the theories of Intelligence.
2. Focus on one of the recent theories, either Sternberg’s or Gardner’s, giving examples on how they prove that “Intelligence” cannot be reduced to what usual and traditional psychometric tests measure.
3. Use at least two (2) of the assigned texts.