There are 5 questions.Each should be answered with at least one paragraph.
I need it in 2 hours.
1. Is calling alcohol addiction an illness/disease appropriate? Should alcohol addiction be called a bad habit? Is alcohol addiction as an illness comparable to lung cancer as an illness. Explain (see DSM-5).
2. According to Sanja Gupta (CNN video), addictions alter the brain. Explain the difference between an individual that has been using alcohol for a long period of time and someone that hasn’t (i.e., euphoria).
Sanja Gupta CNN video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f1nmqiHIII
3. Why is it so difficult for someone with an addiction to just simply decide not to partake in the addiction (see Inside Addiction video)?
4. According to the Valenzuela (1997) article, alcohol is a depressant by decreasing inhibitory neurotransmitters. a. Identify 1 inhibitory neurotransmitters and 1 excitatory neurotransmitter according to the article. Explain the function of each neurotransmitter.
5. Even though Billy has been sober for 10 years, he still calls himself an alcoholic. Why do you think this is so (see Reinforcement and Addiction section in Valenzuela, 1997 article)?