You will write a scholarly paper based on best instructional practices. Frame your paper so that you are focused on a specific context (e.g. high school biology) so that you are able to generate ideas for application as your write your paper. For example: If you are a kindergarten teacher you will write from that perspective and your examples will be based on best practices for that age group.
Within this paper you will address the following areas (please remember to stay focused on your chosen context):
- Describe your context (e.g., grade/subject taught, description of student population)
- How learning occurs
- Include a concise description that addresses the relevance of the learning theorists discussed in the course to your beliefs about effective learning for your context. Identify those theorists that best align with your beliefs about learning and focus on those.
- Best practices for achieving the learning process you describe.
- Teaching and learning strategies
- Cognitive science
- Include other ideas as relevant
- Individual needs of students and families.
- Identify three examples from your practice in which student and family backgrounds