You will be selecting the company to prepare for your economic analysis papers. Consider a publicly held company, as information may be more readily available.
Here are some examples of companies:
- A company in the automotive industry (example: a type of passenger car in the Canadian market)
- A company that makes consumer products (example: Target stores in the United States)
- A particular company within the construction industry (example: W. L. Butler Construction, Inc.)
- A company in the tablet industry (example: Apple Computers)
- A particular gasoline company (example: Exxon)
- A particular hospital chain (example: Kaiser Permanente)
- A particular pharmaceutical company (example: Pfizer)
In addition to the company name, briefly describe the following:
- Description of the company you choose to evaluate (less than one paragraph)
- Type of industry
- One or two products or services
- Geographical location of the market to be analyzed. For example, will the analysis be limited to the United States or to a particular state or region within the United States?
- Five potential sources to begin your research
- APA Format including citations
- Page length for the Company Selection assignment is 1 – 2 pages, not including cover page and reference page
- Doubled – spaced, use 12-point Times New Roman font, have 1-inch margin.
Part 2 of 2 Due next Thursday 10/15/15 @ 1 PM Eastern Standard Time
Begin your first analysis paper, which is on the supply and demand analysis. Using your company selection above to complete the following main elements in this paper:
- Identify two non-price variables such as customer income or demographics, advertising, prices charged for related goods or services, or interest rates that affect the demand for the products or services you identified in your selection.
- How does each of the variables affect the quantity demanded?
- Identify two non-price variables, such as wages paid to workers, energy cost, price of key inputs, or technology, that affect the supply of the products or services you identified in your selection.
- How does each of the variables affect the quantity supplied?
- Based on your analysis, describe the current market equilibrium for the industry.
- Based on your analysis of the non-price demand and supply factors, what external conditions should managers be monitoring to predict future changes?