a 250-word response in which you:
- Select an example of popular culture: a song, film, or music video; fashion; episodic visual storytelling such as a TV show; a print or moving image advertisement; or a magazine or book. We will refer to this selection as your artifact.
- Explain why your chosen artifact is considered popular culture by addressing the following questions:
- How do you know it is popular?
- How did the artifact first come to your attention? How did you find it, or how did it find you?
- What is it about the artifact that interests you? What is your personal connection to the artifact? What about the artifact connects you to it?
- How was the artifact created? For example, if your artifact is a song, who is the songwriter? If a film, who was the writer or director?