Twenty years from now, the typical large business will have half the levels of management and one-third the managers of its counterpart today.
Work will be done by specialists brought together in task forces (teams) that cut across traditional departments. Coordination and control will depend largely on employees’ willingness to discipline themselves—not by Human Resources.
Please write a word paper on the importance of Teams in the Organization.
- Explain how (you as a manager) would hire, manage, compensate and motivate teams working under your leadership in order to meet the goals of the organization and Human Resource Management.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1,250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.
A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (link).
Download an example here
There are 10 questions – Each question has a statement. Your task is to write two responses…one to agree with the statement and another to disagree with the statement. It’s not “pick one or the other”. You have to make a separate argument for each side. One paragraph why you would agree, and one paragraph why you would disagree.
1.Employees should not be permitted to see their personnel files. Allowing them to review the file constrains realistic observations by managers. Accordingly, as long as the information is not used against an employee, these files should be off limits.
2. Job analysis is just another burden placed on organizations through EEO legislation.
3.An organization should follow a promote-from-within policy.
4.Flexible benefits programs are employer inducements to reduce benefits costs. The average employee has neither the ability nor information to make such important choices. Employees should suspect such programs.
5.Investments in career development do not provide an organization a viable return on its investment. It simply raises employees’ expectations, and then, if not fulfilled, cause employees leave. Accordingly, the organization has trained employees for its competitors.
6.Proper selection is a substitute for socialization.
7.Training organizational members how to be coaches and how to empower employees should be a major activity in the next decade.
8.All that is required for successful labor-management relations is common sense, sound business judgment, and good listening skills.
9.Given that the white male is becoming a “minority” in the workplace, they should be afforded affirmative action protection.
10.Globalization has led us to the realization that workers a interchangeable between countries so long as language issues are resolved.