This is a RESEARCH project. That means it requires EXTENSIVE OUTSIDE RESEARCH. Please use the library databases EXTENSIVELY. No ordinary Google searches (although scholar.google.com is allowable).
WHAT TO DO:
You are assigned a company (ford motors) and a host country (spain) of interest. You must now engage in new product development/new market development in your given host country.
PHASE 1 (Complete by Nov 6):
1) Look through the existing major product lines for your company. Pick the new product and/or new market development in your given host country.
2) Do a SWOT analysis on your company.
3) Complete an assessment of the given host country (i)cultural, (ii)legal-political, (iii)competitive, (iv) technological and (v)economic environments.
4) Discuss what you believe to be the interactions/links between part 2 with part 3. Be sure to support your arguments.
PHASE 2 (Complete by presentation day) :
1) Select Mode of Entry. Explain and support your rationale.
2) Explain the channels of distribution in your country as they relate to your product/industry.
3) Identify and explain specific product and promotion concerns.