For the Final Project, you will develop a strategic plan for a new non-profit or existing government organization. As you finalize your Final Project, be sure to incorporate any feedback that you have received from your Instructor and your colleagues, as a well-developed strategic plan can help support an organization in achieving its goals.
To complete the Final Project, you will write a paper that addresses the following:
- Creating an Organization (Week 3)
- Create a new non-profit organization with a global presence or identify a government organization at the local, state, or national level that works with multiple stakeholders.
- Develop and explain the organization’s mission, values, and strategic initiatives.
- Identify organizational stakeholders and conduct a stakeholder analysis.
- Analyzing Organizations (Week 5)
- Conduct a SWOT or Appreciative Inquiry (AI) analysis.
- Evaluate the organization from multiple sustainable perspectives, including financial considerations, positive community outcomes, and innovation.
- Strategic Goals (Week 7)
- Develop 2–3 short-term goals (1–4 years) for the organization. Identify challenges that might impact these goals and explain how the organization might overcome them.
- Develop 2–3 long-term goals (15–20 years) for the organization. Identify long-term trends (i.e., social, political, demographic, economic, ecological, technological, etc.) that might impact these goals.
- Explain why it is important to define short-term and long-term goals. Identify resources that you might use to help you define your organizational goals.
- Final Paper (Week 10)
The Final Paper will include:
- A 12- to 15-page paper (not including title page and reference list) that addresses steps 1–4 of the Final Project
- Proper APA formatting, including the following in your paper:
- A title page and running head
- An introduction that states the purpose of the paper
- Level 1 headings to define each part of the paper
- A conclusion to synthesize the entire paper
- A minimum of 10 scholarly sources to support your paper