Discussion topic 1: Computer Crime Versus Computer Fraud
Your friend has just come on board at the public accounting firm where you work and needs some background in computer crime and computer fraud, as they did not get a course in this at their university. How would you explain this? You write an outline containing the following and then attempt to explain these items to her:
- Define computer crime and computer fraud. In what ways are they different? Give an example of a computer crime and a computer fraud. Discuss the four ways in which computers are used in cyber crime. What are some of the skills needed to investigate cyber crime?
- How have provisions of the Patriot Act made it easier to apprehend cyber criminals?
- The internet has enabled concealment in many money laundering fraud schemes.
- Define and explain the three stages of money laundering.
- What are some of the methods money launderers use in cyberspace to conceal illegitimate transactions?