Due Week 5 and worth 200 points
Each state within the United States has its own unique judicial selection process within its own court system.
Using the Internet or Strayer databases, research the judicial selection process for different court systems from different states within the U.S. Court System.
Write a five to eight (5-8) page paper in which you:
- Discuss the judicial selection process of your state Tennessee. Include, at a minimum, the qualifications and steps that are taken in order to select judges for the different kinds of courts within your specific state.
- Choose a second state, and describe the qualifications and the selection process for judges within that state.
- Compare and contrast for both states the qualifications necessary for a prospective candidate to become a judge. Next, identify the steps that the relevant persons / entities need to take in order to remove a judge from office for disciplinary reasons for each state.
- Justify the selection process for the state that you believe has the best system in place. Justify the response.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Detail the history and organization of the levels of the American court system and the issue of jurisdictional boundaries.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the criminal court and the judicial process in America.
- Write clearly and concisely about the American court system using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.