Identify an organism that lives within 50 miles of your home.
Locate a diagram of that organism that has the main organs and structures labeled. Be sure to properly cite your diagram and pictures.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper on this topic.
- Briefly describe the environment (temperature, landscape, food sources, etc.) and describe the organism’s role in the environment.
- Identify the structures and functions of the main organs found in your selected organism.
- Explain how the organism in the diagram has evolved physiologically to become suited to its environment.
- If the organism were to be transplanted to a significantly different environment, how would things change?
- Would their organ system still be as efficient? Why or why not?
- Would the organism survive in this new environment? Why or why not?