As a sample workforce activity, assume your employer has asked you to develop an economic analysis and a set of policy recommendations. To complete this activity, select a news article dated within the previous two months.
- Clearly summarize the issue presented in the article and present two policy recommendations based on this issue.
- Analyze the issue using the economic concepts and theory learned in our class.
- Use additional references to back up your arguments.
- Include at least one graph developed in the course. Charts and tables are also encouraged.
Possible concepts include:
- taxes and consumer or producer surplus (Week 4)
- demand, supply, and equilibrium price of a particular product (Week 2)
- elasticity on a particular product (Week 3)
- perfect competition and imperfect competition, such as monopolies (Weeks 6-8)
- labor market, wages, and income inequality (Week 8)
- poverty and public policy (Week 8)
- pricing and competition in the high tech sector (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Cell phone providers)
Your paper should:
- be a total of 800 to 1200 words,
- include a bibliography with at least three references, presented in APA style,
- have been spell-checked and grammar-checked using Word’s review utility