Assignment 2: The Field of I/O Psychology
In the readings for this module, the skills, knowledge, and abilities required to be an industrial/organizational (I/O) psychologist are explained in detail, along with various specialty areas in the field.
Using both the assigned readings and additional research, respond to the following:
- Which specialty area interests you the most? Why?
- According to the specialty area, what knowledge, skills, and abilities do you consider are most important? Explain.
In your response:
- Compare the skill sets of different industrial/organizational (I/O) specialty areas.
- Elaborate on your classmates’ choices.
- By Saturday, October 3, 2015, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Wednesday, October 7, 2015, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, identify the similarities and differences between what you and your classmates have posted. Consider the following in your response:
- Pose a question to your classmate.
- Make an observation about the content of your classmate’s response.
- Comment on an idea or a concept.
- Highlight an experience or insight gained from reading the classmate’s response.