The purpose of this assignment will be to understand a how an educational leader leads and manages through an interview with an educational leader in a school district. Assignment includes:
• Interview a building principal or district superintendent or assistant superintendent in a school district, using this assignment to guide questions.
• Write a 5-page paper to summarize the interview and your reflections. APA format; first person
• In the introduction provide a brief background of the demographics of the district and identify by position the leader being interviewed.
• Summarize the leader’s leadership and management using the following questions: (I uploaded the interview with Sally Baas).
• How does the leader describe his/her leadership and management style? Ask for examples.
• How does the leader describe the organization and cultural of the district or building?
• How does the leader manage conflict? Ask for examples
• How does the leader influence and impact instruction in their building or district? Ask for examples.
• What does the leader view as important issues to the role of the educational leader?
• What does the leader view as the most important aspect of the leader’s work?
• What does the leader see as obstacles to engaging in the most important work?
• Additional questions to help you understand the skills and style of this leader.
Reflect on the leader’s responses and summarize your reflection using the following questions:
• What have you learned that will impact your leadership development?
• What aspects of the role of the educational leader excite you and why?
• What aspects of the role of the educational leader will be challenges for you and why?
• How has this interview influenced next steps for you in your development as an educational leader?