There are several reasons for an increase in single-parent fathering recently:
- Current divorce laws and “gender-neutral criteria” for rearing children have made it easier for fathers to gain custody of their children following divorce than in years past.
- To allow themselves the opportunity to pursue career or personal goals, mothers may choose to grant the father custody of the children.
- Divorce courts have a more favorable view of the role of fathers in childrearing, resulting in an increase in joint custody arrangements following divorce.
- There has been an increase in fathers’ willingness to take a more active role in parenting than in years past.
- What was/is your father’s role in your life?
- In what ways has that role been supportive of you?
- Are there any ways in which that role has been problematic for you?
- What advice would you give the father of a newborn regarding his role in his child’s life?
1000-1500 words with 2 citation APA Format