- Synthesize what you have learned from the charts, graphs, and article content about local, state, and federal prisoners from 2000 to 2008.
- Discuss admissions and releases and the percentage of change from 2000 to 2008 in state and federal prisons by race, sex, and type of release—
conditional versus unconditional.
- Compare the observable trends in adult corrections from 2000 to 2008 in each region—the Northeast, Midwest, South, and West—and for the United States as a whole.
- Identify and explain the variations between regional data for adult corrections in the Northeast, Midwest, South, and West from 2000 to 2008.
- Explain the implications of the data from 2000 to 2008 and how this data will influence your decisions for the prison population in your new role as deputy director of your state’s Department of Public Safety and Corrections.