complete a project from the perspective of an entrepreneur opening a new business in the hospitality industry (hotel, restaurant, event planner, convention center, salon/spa, etc.). analyze selections available and make recommendations for all technology-based systems that will be utilized in the new business. The project should be submitted following all APA guidelines for a research paper including at least five current resources. Citations are essential regarding the presentation of this final report. Students can earn up to 100 points for this report.
- Briefly discuss the company or organization to include location, products and/or services offered, target market, etc.
- The emphasis of the project is the company’s technology strategies. The plan should address the following elements:
- Identify all functional business areas that utilize technology systems (hardware, software, networks, e-commerce, marketing, security, restaurant/hotel management systems, point-of-sale systems, distribution channels, databases, etc.)
- Determine alternatives for what type of technology to implement
- Evaluating alternatives
- Recommend the best solutions for the business