Based on your research, answer the following questions in a 8- to 10-page Microsoft Word document:
- What are the positive and negative aspects of managed care? Analyze the benefits and the risks for both providers and patients, and how providers should choose among managed care contracts. Conclude with your analysis and recommendations for managed care health plans. Your response should include answers to the following questions:
- Summarize the history of when, how, and why managed care was developed.
- Define and discuss each type of managed care organization (MCO)—health maintenance organization (HMO), preferred provider organization (PPO), and point of sale (POS).
- Explain the positive and negative aspects, respectively, of managed care organization from the provider’s point of view—a physician and a healthcare facility—and from a patient’s point of view.
- Explain the three types of incentives for providers for efficiency in the delivery of healthcare services. Explain who bears the financial risk—the provider, the patient, or the managed care organization.
- Offer your recommendations, to accept or decline, for patients c