For this final SLP, choose an organization that you currently work for or have worked for in the past. You will be applying the concepts of organizational culture that you read about in the background materials to this organization.
Write a two to three page paper addressing the following issues:
- Describe how your organization rates on these cultural characteristics: detail-oriented, team-oriented, innovative, aggressive, outcome-oriented, and people-oriented.
- Discuss how strong the organizational culture is at your organization. To what extent is the organization’s culture shared by employees and managers?
- What aspects of your organization’s culture do you think should be changed, and what steps would you recommend to change the culture? Use concepts from Rao (2010) in forming your recommendations.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Answer the assignment questions directly
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions, don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials
- Make sure to use reliable and credible sources as your references. Articles published in established newspapers or business journals/magazines are preferred. If you find articles on the internet, make sure it is from a credible source.
- Reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 13-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide”, which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC portal.