1. If the position of an object moving along a straight line is given by . at time t find its acceleration.
2. Differentiate and simplify your answer, leaving it in radical form and give your answer as a fraction.
3. Differentiate and simply your answer
4. Find the second derivative of the given function. In each cas, use the appropriate notation for the second derivative and simplify our answer. You needn’t factor your answer.
5. Find the equation for the tangent line to the given curve at the point where x=1.
Answer: y= -29x+34
6. It is estimated that t years fron now, the population of a certain suburban community will be thousand. Derive a formula for the rate at which the populaion will be changing with respect to time t years fron now.
Answer: thousand per year
7. It is estimated that t years fron now, the population of a certain suburban community will be By how much will the population actually increase during the second year? During the second year, the population will increase by?
Answer: 3 thousand people.
8. Find if it exists. Give your answer in fraction form, If it is infinite, indicate if the limit is
9. Do not factor the numerator of your answer. Differentiate the given function.