THe Latino/hispanic group is the only ethnic category counted separately by the United States Census, According to the U.S. Census, a Latino/Hispanic person can be of any race.
Describe the variability within the Larger “Latin American” group, as defined by the U.S. Census, including the racial differences.
Include the following:
* When this census category became official ( the first time it was used in tyhe United States Census)
* At least five distinctive subgroups that belong under this broad category
* How people from Africa, both slaves and freemen, became part of the Latino population in Mexico, Central and South America, and the U.S.
* How Africans in Mexico, Central and South America were absorbed into the Hispanic population, white generally being kept seperate in the U.S,
* How colorism affects membership within the Hispanic/Latino group today( i.e. a Mexican who is black)
* the role of language
* the role of religion
* the role of culture
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.