f a comprehensive security program. Additionally, there are many security frameworks that organizations commonly reference when developing their security programs. Review the security frameworks provided by NIST (SP 800-53), ISO / IEC 27000 series, and COBIT. Assume that you have been hired as a consultant by a medium-sized insurance organization and have been asked to draft an IT Security Policy Framework.
You may create and / or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Select a security framework, describe the framework selected, and design an IT Security Policy Framework for the organization.
- Describe the importance of and method of establishing compliance of IT security controls with U.S. laws and regulations, and how organizations can align their policies and controls with the applicable regulations.
- Analyze the business challenges within each of the seven (7) domains in developing an effective IT Security Policy Framework.
- Describe your IT Security Policy Framework implementation issues and challenges and provide recommendations for overcoming these implementation issues and challenges.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify the role of an information systems security (ISS) policy framework in overcoming business challenges.
- Design a security policy framework.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in security strategy and policy formation.
- Write clearly and concisely about Information Systems Security Policy topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.